Saturday 17 February 2007

Not a happy customer

Iain Dale's not happy.

He has complained about part of the post "Fox News for Adults" below. He was concerned that one sentence, taken out of context, could be "almost libelling" him.

I am happy to have made amendments.

I have changed the offending sentences in order to clarify its meaning. The red bits in the post are the bits I have added. Nothing has been removed.


For the record...


I was not suggesting that Iain Dale had broken any existing rules in regard to party funding.


I was suggesting that Iain Dale has a past record of representing a Conservative Association who were in receipt of extensive targetted funding from millionaires.

I was suggesting that the non-state funding option that Iain Dale advocates would give millionaire party funders an undemocratic hold over British politics.

I was suggesting that that this he has a pertinent interest to declare when he is commenting on party funding on various Tory blogs and Internet TV stations.

I was suggesting that he has never done this.


Hope this is OK Iain!

If you want to read what Iain said to me, and my reply, check the comments in the post below.

Incidentally, John Angliss's blog is really good...

No comments: